[CentOS] core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

javajunkie javajunkie at koyuru.com
Tue Jan 23 09:13:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

> Nobody answered my original question, can you fill a motherboard with
> four DDR2 slots up to 8GB at all?

There are four dimm slots.

If they know of 2gb dimms that are supported by the board, yes you
could. (actually I use 1gb dimms that are not supported according to the
usermanual ...my shop suggested them and they are fine).

The Asus docs say you can.

Hmmn, the docs say 2g on each slot but only ddr2-533 and ddr-667 2gb
density modules are available for this configuration. [not sure what
this means -- if ddr2-800 was not available at time of printing of if
that is not supported in the memory remapping).

I was trying with ddr2-800 and perhaps that is causing the issue (though
no-one has suggested that).

Shawn