[CentOS] How long it takes to determine the Domainname

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Tue Jan 23 11:32:00 UTC 2007

On Thursday 18 January 2007 23:52, Daniel Rindt wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 18.01.2007, 19:34 +0700 schrieb Fajar Priyanto:
> > I encounter the same behaviour with RHEL4U3 on Fujitsu server. I
> > wasn't using
> > kickstart, but FTP install with static ip. I notice that on that
> > particular
> > server the process took longer than usual.
>
> It is nice to hear about and that it is a Fujitsu Siemens Server. Is
> that the Fujitsu with the RTL-6189 rev 10 Gigabit Ethernet Card? Can you
> use DHCP on them with the following Install Guide?
> http://www.redhat.com/magazine/024oct06/features/kickstart/?sc_cid=bcm_edms
>ept_007
>
> I had the currently undetected problem that the network doesnt work,
> with static i had not tested yet.
> Can you affirm?

Sorry for replying so late. I was being bogged down setting up clustering
using WTI Remote Power Switch 10. After spending 3 days (googling, asking in
lists, contacting the hardware vendor), we gave up with the hardware and
instead change course to Linux-ha.org. It was as smooth as silk. I'm amazed.
We are preparing a Pure-ftpd server + mysql with replication + linux-ha
solution for our client tomorrow.

I'll post the update how it goes.
http://linux2.arinet.org
6:31pm up 10:50, 2.6.16.13-4-default GNU/Linux