[CentOS] How do I identify my hardware?

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Wed Jan 24 23:19:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:

> So if it's not there, does that mean the device is not supported on
> Linux?

I don't have a definitive answer, but it wouldn't surprise me if
that's the case.

> Yoik.  Neither of the video ids is in the list....

If you can get the model number from a manual or by peeking in the
case, you might try ATI's web site:

   http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

> My audio id is there - it is the integrated mobo audio, but it
> failed initialization - does it need something to be plugged into it
> to work?

It's likely that the correct driver isn't loaded -- either it's not
present on your system or the installer didn't recognize it. You might
try googling for "centos [your audio card]".

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com