[CentOS] Re: ISA Support in CentOS 4.4?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 25 22:06:52 UTC 2007

"Eric B." <ebenze at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:epb908$cn2$1 at sea.gmane.org...

> Is the stock 2.6.9-42.EL kernel compiled with ISA support? Do i need to
> rebuild the kernel by hand? Is there anything I need to do to enable ISA
> support in CentOS4.4?  If I do need to rebuild the kernel, what

Apparently, the last bit of that sentence got cut off....
If I do need to rebuild the kernel, what packages must I ensure are
installed?  I have installed the kernel-devel package thru yum, but that
doesn't seem to be enough - I am getting compilation errors both on a make
clean, and a make bzImage or make rpm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric