[CentOS] Setting up HP OfficeJet 5610 fax on CentOS 4.4 shared

Rakhesh Sasidharan

rakheshster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 13:51:11 UTC 2007

Hi there,

As the subject says, I'm trying to set up an HP OfficeJet 5610 on
CentOS 4.4 for shared use across my machines. I've managed to get
printing (through HPLIP/ CUPS/ SAMBA) and scanning (through SANE)
shared; but I'm unable to get fax shared working.

Is it possible to do that? The instructions on the HPLIP page talk
about installing the 5610 as a fax device and then faxing using
hp-sendfax and hp-toolbox etc. But what I want to do is to share the
fax device itself on the network -- like the printer and scanner --
any ideas on how I can achieve that?

Thanks,
Rakhesh

ps. I am using CentOS-server. No GUI etc. So would prefer CLI oriented
solutions. Thanks.