[CentOS] officejet 7310

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Jan 26 21:53:55 UTC 2007

Jerry Geis wrote:
> Has anyone gotten centos 4 to print on an officejet 7310?
>
> I have tried jetdirect with pcl and postcript no go...
> I have tried smb but it does seem to be browsable as its not listed
> and when I specify I enter the IP address for server and I dont
> know what the share is.
>
> Windows XP connects and prints fine.

<scrape>
<paste>
I recently bought a Laserjet 3052. Nahant-4 couldn't drive it, and I
built the latest hp tools and they segfaulted, so I installed RHEL5
beta1 on a Pentium III, just to drive this thing.

Works find, the tools even installed the fax bit, even though the 3052
doesn't do fax.

This MFX has a built-in network card (printing works there, dunno about
scan) and USB, and that works for scanning, and printing but there's
something funny about the stationery. Have to press a button each time.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait