[CentOS] Centos 4.4 perl modules. where are they?

Sat Jan 27 11:54:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 21:59 -0500, Erick Perez wrote:
> I need to install VICIDIAL (cause is a free outbound call solution)
> and vicidial wants the following perl modules:
>
> MD5
> Digest::MD5
> Digest::SHA1
> readline
> Bundle::CPAN
> DBI (found the rpm perl-DBI)
> DBD::mysql (found the RPM perl-DBD-Mysql)
> Net::Telnet
> Time::HiRes
> Net::Server
> OLE::Storage_Lite
> Spreadsheet::ParseExcel
>
> I do not want to taint the installation if an RPM is available on the
> DVD or in centos extras/plus. How can I check what RPM will provide
> such perl modules?
>
> thanks in advance.

Install the rpmforge repo (as smooge suggested) and kbs-CentOS-Extras
(centos.karan.org) and then run this:

yum provides "perl(MD5)"

yum proivdes "perl(Net::Server)"

etc.

That will tell you which ones you will need to build.

If there are any that Dag does not have in RPMForge and you request it,
he will probably add them, if they build.