[CentOS] Accessing vncserver

Wed Jan 31 15:42:05 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 07:22 -0800, Todd Cary wrote:
> On my Centos server I have vncserver running. ( # ps -A shows Xvnc),
> however I cannot access it from other computers on the LAN.  Do I need
> to make a firewall change?

Being that I don't know how your firewall is setup, I have no idea :P

However, tcp ports 5900/5901 inbound do need to be open if you want to
connect to VNC.

You need to NOT open those to everyone and only to trusted source
machines as VNC does not encrypt login info by default (at least that is
my recommendation ... it is your server :P)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughs