[CentOS] OT: Apache Built -how do add SSL module?

Karl R. Balsmeier

karl at klxsystems.net
Wed Jan 10 22:02:36 UTC 2007

Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Karl R. Balsmeier wrote:
>
>> And just to be really clear, no negative attitude here or anything,
>> -just looking for a community assist on an important question.  thanx!
>>

> When you try to do something like this, its usually a good idea to see
> how its done in the distro. There might be clues there. It will also
> ive you an understanding on how other packages in the distro might be
> linked and depend on the package you are trying to replace.
>
> In this case - use the httpd.spec provided in the httpd sources
> package, mod_ssl is built at the same time as httpd binaries are. Just
> remember to rebuild everytime there is a security issue, and everytime
> anything that depends on httpd has a security issue.
>

> - KB

oh good, -yeah, we have been debating going to 2.0.59 using this
approach, so am going to just paste your comments into our document and
run with it.

-right now you have done such a stellar job with the package repository
my script just says yum install this or that -it's funny how it [my
build script] shrinks down month by month -especially 64-bit stuff like
libevent, xvfb, memcached, all these used to mean alot of source
compiles and interruptions of the automated builds...  looks like 4.4
has settled into a nice rhythm...

hopefully when Java goes GPL the whole chicken/egg thing there will
cascade into a future cent release and I can move our developer machines
off of fedora once and for all...

-krb