[CentOS] How long it takes to determine the Domainname

Fajar Priyanto

fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Thu Jan 18 12:34:48 UTC 2007

On Thursday 18 January 2007 01:49, Jim Perrin wrote:
> > i try to install via a kickstart file. But the install process is
> > stalled, please see the attached File.
> >
> > I wait more than 5 Minutes...

I encounter the same behaviour with RHEL4U3 on Fujitsu server. I wasn't using
kickstart, but FTP install with static ip. I notice that on that particular
server the process took longer than usual.

Anyway, try to press any key such as spacebar several times. It might help.
http://linux2.arinet.org
7:33pm up 5:36, 2.6.16.13-4-default GNU/Linux