[CentOS] Re: centos version numbers

Scott Silva

ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jan 18 20:14:01 UTC 2007

Melinda Odom spake the following on 1/18/2007 11:24 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I am running centos 4.2 version on my server.  The /etc/redhat-release file
> lists centos 4.4 (final). In my Plesk server administration it also shows
> centos 4.2.  I need to upgrade plesk and am suppose to have centos 4.3 to do
> this upgrade.
>
> In the past I have run "yum update" and the OS was always updated to the
> next version but this no longer works on my server. When I try yum update or
> yum upgrade there is nothing to update.
>
> I have checked some of the files from the centos mirror site for version 4
> and it seems I have the same versions on my server.
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/i386/
>
> So would I have the most recent centos version?
The Plesk server administration only records the version when it is installed
or upgraded. It should just say CentOS 4. If your Redhat release file says 4.4
then you are running 4.4. You might have installed with a 4.2 CD, but that
still means you have CentOS 4.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and