[CentOS] Connecting to a Novell Server

Paul

subsolar at subsolar.com
Fri Jan 19 03:52:42 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 11:50 -0500, Jay Lee wrote:
> Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > Rob Lines wrote:
> >> I am trying to connect our centos 4.4 machines to our Novell Netware
> >> 5 servers.
> >>
> >> The goal is to allow the centos 4.4 clients to connect to the server
> >> and access shared folders.  We are not looking for a single sign-on
> >> style solution just the ability to connect.
> >
> > Check into using ncpfs with centos.  If not, then see if netware can
> > serve to nfs or smb/cifs clients.
> ncpfs is only in the centosplus kernel I believe.  I also found it buggy
> and horribly slow.

Yes, you need to be using the CentOS Plus kernel and build the NCPFS
rpms from fedora so you can mount the volumes.

It also does not hurt to have IPX enabled on Netware & Linux ... we have
IPX enabled yet because we still use DOS and the old moldy 2.x client
still seems to work best for our use.

I can see if dig out the information on what I did for the one C4
station I setup