[CentOS] Re: core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Jan 20 03:24:08 UTC 2007

>> ??  Fedora is *not* shutting down.  Core and Extras are merging, but
>> plans for Fedora 7 continue apace.  Maybe you're thinking of Fedora
>> Legacy, which did shut down, but it was trying to fill the niche that
>> RHEL/Centos already fill, really.
>>

> *gasp* I sit corrected I had Legacy confused with the Fedora project
> in general.

in my mail list/faq/wiki perusals on the fedora sites, I found a mention
of a new fedora-security project that is being considered as a possible
alternative to Legacy.   One would guess this would consist mostly of
critical security fixes rather than general bug releases, but having
that would go a long way towards me being willing to consider basing a
self-supported production system on fedora