[CentOS] Re: core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

Tom Diehl

tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sun Jan 21 16:39:57 UTC 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, John Summerfield wrote:

> Peter Serwe wrote:
>> Scott Silva wrote:
>>> If you want the latest and greatest, CentOS is not for you. Try Fedora. If
>>> you
>>> want a consistent environment that you won't have to re-compile or rewrite
>>> your mission critical apps at every update, that is what CentOS and all
>>> other
>>> enterprise class distros are all about.
>>>
>> I realize why I see this mantra of try Fedora Core all the time when people
>> are requesting
>> bleeding-edge features from a distro that specifically mandates otherwise
>> in it's stated purpose,
>> but isn't recommending a project that has announced it's shutting down kind
>> of counter-productive
>> for everybody?  Granted, it is bleeding edge, but the project's shutting
>> down, so it seems
>> kind of a wrong answer.
>
> Fedora's not shutting down. Fedora Legacy is reducing support (dropping RHL
> 7.3 and other RHL and (maybe) older FC).

Fedora Legacy is not reducing support, it is dead!! It died due to lack of
interest on the part of the people who do the actual work.

You are correct though that Fedora is not shutting down. I mention this because
there seem to be people on this list that do not understand the difference. :-(

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com