[CentOS] Raw print queues in CentOS 4.4

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu

m3freak at rogers.com
Mon Jan 22 21:02:03 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 13:57 -0600, Mark Snyder wrote:
> Why would you want to configure the print que as raw when you are printing through an
> application package? I understand that the console application may need the raw que as it is
> probably doing all the printer formatting with the application.

The problem is that the Linux drivers don't work - they never have.
Even the console app doesn't work (it doesn't do any formatting or
printer control).  So, the only way to print anything to it is through
the Windows machine.  It's set up as a raw queue on the Linux side in
order to let the Windows PC process the print jobs.

> Simply create another printer que to the same printer using the proper printer driver for
> that printer and all will be well.

Oh, how I would _love_ to do that.  I need to set the printer on fire.
It'll be better for everyone.

Regards,

Ranbir
--