[CentOS] core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

Feizhou

feizhou at graffiti.net
Tue Jan 23 09:39:31 UTC 2007

Theo Band wrote:
> Feizhou wrote:
>>
>> AMD X2 processors? Proven solid and has no problems addressing 8GB RAM
>> with Tyan boards.
>>
> AMD is what I use up to now. ASUS A8N32-SLI board with AMD Athlon 4800+.
> Maximum memory I got out of it was around 3GB.
> What specific Tyan board would you recommend?

For 8GB, there is only one possible choice...

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tomcatk8sh.html

However, I must say that I only have experience with this board:
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tomcatk8e.html

Which only goes up to 4GB.

My experience with Tyan boards are on the 2865 (K8E) above and 2881. I
have had effectively zero crashes on these boards which I presume to
translate to other Tyan boards made for AMD processors.

So I better make it clear that I was thinking of dualCore Opterons...I
don't know if the socket 939 AMD X2 processors support 8GB of RAM. I
only know that you can use a 939 X2 processor on the Tyan 2865 which has
a 939 socket.