[CentOS] ISA Support in CentOS 4.4?

Jim Perrin

jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 22:06:40 UTC 2007

> Is the stock 2.6.9-42.EL kernel compiled with ISA support? Do i need to
> rebuild the kernel by hand? Is there anything I need to do to enable ISA
> support in CentOS4.4?  If I do need to rebuild the kernel, what

Nope. The kernel was built without isa support. There was a mailing
list thread a while back (the exactly link escapes me) which explained
how to rebuild with ISA support specifically, however the wiki
(wiki.centos.org) contains the steps needed to build a custom kernel.

Support for ISA may have been built into the centosplus kernel by
Johnny, but I honestly can't remember if he did that or not.

George Orwell