[CentOS] Installing DCC on CentOS 4.4

Peter Farrell

peter.d.farrell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 09:27:50 UTC 2007

I have postfix w/ dcc | razor | pyzor | amavisd -
I had many irritations w/ rpm packages -

My advice - build them all yourself. Ran into a few glitches when
satisfying Perl deps but nothing that was a deal breaker.

-Oh -- and don't forget to adjust your firewall rules when testing the setup.
When tailing your mail.log you'll see clearly when DCC fails and in my
case it was always related to my firewall.
-------
# DCC (Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse) access
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 6277 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 6277 -j ACCEPT

# PYZOR TCP access for port 24441
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp -s 82.94.255.100 --sport 24441 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p udp -m udp -d 82.94.255.100 --dport 24441 -j ACCEPT
-------

*multitail is your friend - if you don't have it - grab it, you can
run regex's to filter your mail.logs and cut out all the chaff.

-Peter