[CentOS] Where can I get samba-vscan from?

Johnny Hughes

Sun Jan 28 10:27:52 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 10:26 +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> On 1/28/07, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > kde-redhat has been very useful for me including samba but I wouldn't
> > guarantee that the RHEL-5/Centos 5 version of samba might not be older
> > than what you will get from either kde-redhat or enterprisesamba
> > versions
>
> So basically I can use either of these repos (kde-redhat preferrably
> coz of the updates) and chances are that I'll be using them once I
> upgrade to CentOS-5 anyways ... Cool!

(if you upgrade to CentOS-5, you will have to change binaries, as the
current ones are compiled against an older GLIBC ... they most likely
won't work on CentOS-5.  Currently the CentOS-5 beta we are working on
contains samba-3.0.23c .. that version would require you to force
install it if you were using either kde-redhat or enterprisesamba.org as
they both contain samba-3.0.23d.  I just say this to remind people that
upgrading will be harder when 3rd party apps are involved ... because
upstream could shift this to samba 3.0.23d for final)

That being said, kde-redhat would probably be easier to use (they have a
yum repo) ... and I am sure that they will also produce files for el5
fairly soon after is it released.

Not that I personally recommend upgrading to anything outside the main
CentOS versions ... but if you are going to do so, kde-readhat would
seem to be the easiest way to stay updated.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes