[CentOS] acpi=no command?

Johnny Hughes

Sun Jan 28 10:43:40 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 16:40 +0000, Filianx wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install CentOS 4.4 on an hp pavilion PC.
>
> It wont install just boots in a circle, so I think I have to pass
> acpi=no at boot stage.
>
> Can anyone give me a detailed explanation how do this?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Filianx

Not sure where you are in the install process ... if you haven't been
able to get the product installed at all ... when you boot off the ISO
type this:

linux noapic noacpi

------------------

If you have already done the install and this is happening on the first
boot up then  do this:

At the grub screen (the blue screen that has a countdown), press the
"Enter key" and then select the kernel with the arrow keys ... then
press the "a" key to append.

add this text:

noapic noacpi

Then press enter and you should be able to boot.

Once you get booted up, you need to look at the file:

/boot/grub/grub.conf

and make sure any "kernel" lines have:

 noacpi noapic

at the end if them.