[CentOS] Serial Port "reSpawning too fast".

Doug Ferrell

aprstlh at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 29 23:30:16 UTC 2007

Greetings Group:

	This has probably been asked several times (I checked the archives) and I
have googled... but not found an answer. I get the ole serial port error
msg:

init: Id "s0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
	Funny thing.... I'm still connected even if it's "disabled".

	But I really need to KVM into this box... running cent 4.4 with the Cobalt
interface running on top. It's a dell SC420 server... I have one running
Cent 4.2 but doesn't have this problem. So I commented the S0 line in
inittab to disable until I figure out how to fix this problem.

	Any ideas on how to eliminate the warnings.....?

...DOUG