[CentOS] Maildir Cleanup

Feizhou

feizhou at graffiti.net
Wed Jan 31 03:23:57 UTC 2007

Jun Salen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found an article (with python script) on how to
> clean up Maildir folder
> for  old email messages from
> http://www.ducea.com/2006/11/25/cleanup-maildir-folders-archive-delete-old-mails/
>  . As I understand, this will be run by each user
> after login. How can I make this runs at least once a
> month and
> delete all users message with age more than one month
> for example using crontab? I am using Postfix,
> MailScanner, SpamAssassin, Courier IMAP/POP3, ClamAV
> and CentOS4.4 as mail server. If you need further
> input, please just let me know. Thanks in advance for
> help. Thanks.

Is your maildir info stored in mysql or in berkeley dbs?

You want write a script that will run under the uid/gid of the owner of
the maildir base directory. It should feed each Maildir to the python
script with appropriate parameters (I have not looked at it) so the
thing to figure out is how to get the list of Maildirs.