[CentOS] Dual Heads?

Sat Jan 13 01:07:15 UTC 2007
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet.com>

I decided to blow out the FC2 installation I inherited on my workstation
when I started here and installed CentOS-4.4-i386.  Server side stuff I
pretty
much have down cold, but getting two heads on two seperate video cards
doesn't seem to work for me.  I'm using the built in Intel 865/810 card as
primary, and an ATI Radeon 9200 PCI card as secondary.

Initially, my system bios on this Dell 4600 was set to Auto for which card
is primary.  That made the ATI card primary.  Configuring the 865 card
as secondary, and I have the same monitor on both heads, didn't seem to
do anything for me.

Then, I set the onboard video as primary, went back into
system-config-display
and configured the ATI card as secondary, logout/login still nothing
changed.

I'm trying to get it to configure as 'spanning desktops', so I just have
twice as
much real estate, and ideally can drag in between.

Anyone have suggestions?  Also, in general, the wm is pretty bland, so
suggestions
to make it a little more fun would be good too.

:)

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>

http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown

"Do you wanna go fast or suck?" -Mike Kojima

"There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love." -Sir Stirling Moss