[CentOS] ISA Support in CentOS 4.4?

Thu Jan 25 21:55:18 UTC 2007
Eric B. <ebenze at hotmail.com>

Hi,

I'm trying to get my ISA modem to work on CentOS 4.4, but I am having
trouble. I have a stock installation of the CentOS 4.4, and did a yum
upgrade to ensure everything is the latest, however, I can't seem to detect
or see the ISA modem.

I remember back in the 2.2 kernel days, the need for isapnptools, however,
from what I read that is supposed to already be included in the 2.6 kernel.
When I check the /proc directory, I don't see a /proc/isa or /proc/isapnp
that I would have expected to find.

I am relatively sure that the modem is a real modem (not a winmodem), but I
don't understand why I can't even seem to locate it anywhere. I have
manually set the jumpers on the modem to Com1, but that hasn't helped any
either.

Is the stock 2.6.9-42.EL kernel compiled with ISA support? Do i need to
rebuild the kernel by hand? Is there anything I need to do to enable ISA
support in CentOS4.4?  If I do need to rebuild the kernel, what

Thanks!

Eric