[CentOS] Setting up HP OfficeJet 5610 fax on CentOS 4.4 shared

Fri Jan 26 13:51:11 UTC 2007
Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster at gmail.com>

Hi there,

As the subject says, I'm trying to set up an HP OfficeJet 5610 on
CentOS 4.4 for shared use across my machines. I've managed to get
printing (through HPLIP/ CUPS/ SAMBA) and scanning (through SANE)
shared; but I'm unable to get fax shared working.

Is it possible to do that? The instructions on the HPLIP page talk
about installing the 5610 as a fax device and then faxing using
hp-sendfax and hp-toolbox etc. But what I want to do is to share the
fax device itself on the network -- like the printer and scanner --
any ideas on how I can achieve that?

Thanks,
Rakhesh

ps. I am using CentOS-server. No GUI etc. So would prefer CLI oriented
solutions. Thanks.