[CentOS] Freeing pv space for snapshots

Fri Jan 5 03:02:51 UTC 2007
Paul <unix at bikesn4x4s.com>

On Thu, January 4, 2007 2:58 pm, Kevan Benson wrote:
> ext2resize is what you are looking for, but it requires the mount to be
> offline.
>
> In your case, you want to ext2resize the ext2/3 partition to reduce it's
> usage
> of the LV, then use lvresize to reduce the LV appropriately.  That should
> leave you the room in the Volume Group to create snapshop LVs.

Thanks, and where can I find a version of ext2resize that will work with
Centos 4.4?  I've searched rpm mirrors and can find anything.  I did some
research and some say that it was taken out with some problems, but may
work again?  Will this one be ok, or is there a better version?

Looks like the latest here is 1.1.19