[CentOS] Re: Rescue mode

Mon Jan 8 20:43:12 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Denis Machard spake the following on 1/8/2007 8:57 AM:
> I'm using the version 4.4 of CentOS Cd with the mode "linux rescue"

I just tried this, and for some reason, there are scsi devices present, but
not IDE devices. If you need them, you would need to chroot to your underlying
system to use them from there.
 The only reason I could see to need to mount a cdrom would be to access an
rpm or two. You would need your system mounted under /mnt/sysimage anyway. If
your system isn't intact enough to do this, then you would need to salvage as
much data as possible before attempting to fix it, and that can be done over
the network, or with the "live cd".

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and