[CentOS] LVS (Linux virtual server) on centos?

Tue Jan 9 22:44:30 UTC 2007
Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com>

On 09/01/07, Kyle Wa <kyle at tomdotcom.net> wrote:
> Anyone have this setup and running well on centos? Any comments on
> performance/reliability issues running on centos?

A fair number of people are as far as I'm aware. We use in in a
masquerading NAT configuration in a number of places. There are
pre-built RPMs available for Heartbeat and IPVSADM in the CentOS
Extras repository.

http://mirror.centos.org/centos-4/4/extras/i386/RPMS/

There were reports of connection not being closed/timed out properly
when running in a Direct Routing (DR) configuration either here or on
the ldirector list a few weeks back. Check the archives for more
information if it's a concern. FWIW we have almost zero problems with
the NAT setup, our LVSes have uptimes of a 100-150 days and their last
restarts were almost certainly due to kernel updates.

Will.