[CentOS] slow system

Sat Jan 13 12:46:49 UTC 2007
William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com>

ok which mobo did you get?  You could have an issue with the mobo's
chipset support.  Which version of Centos?

Craig White wrote:

>>> ----
>>> great thanks - am I right in thinking that having both mirrored drives
>>> on the same controller master/slave is likely a cause of slowness?
>> It will make some difference on writes, but reads should only
>> be done on one of the drives anyway.  I doubt if it makes a huge
>> difference unless you have an application writing all the time.
> ----
> here's my problem - system was ok and mother board died. Purchased a new
> motherboard and this is what I get...
>
> # hdparm -t /dev/md1
>
> /dev/md1:
>  Timing buffered disk reads:    4 MB in  3.68 seconds =   1.09 MB/sec
>
> which is dreadfully slow
>
> Thanks
>
> Craig

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099