[CentOS] dhcpd errors

Tue Jan 16 21:41:10 UTC 2007
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at rogers.com>

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 14:36 -0500, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> If you are using Cisco switches make sure that you have "spanning-tree
> portfast" set for each PC/thinclient port, otherwise the spanning-tree
> protocol negotiation phase might step on the DHCP offers.

Ah, yes, the infamous spanning-tree problem.  That stupid thing has
driven quite a few people nuts.
In my case it's not so simple.  The switches aren't by Cisco, and
they're unmanaged.

Also, everything was working flawlessly before - I don't know what's
changed besides the new cabling.

I wonder if it could be a routing problem.  I'll have to look into it
more.

Regards,

Ranbir

--