[CentOS] Ultra simple mail server config?

Wed Jan 17 15:54:35 UTC 2007
Denis Croombs <denis at croombs.org>

> I am hoping you folks on the list could advise me on this...
>
> Can anyone point me towards a HOW-TO that describes how to
> transform a normal CentOS install into a very basic
> POP3/IMAP/SMTP email server?
>
> Our current ISP where we host ~15 domains and ~25+ email
> accounts has a mandatory incoming "auto-discard"
> spam filter that is far too strict to continue using.
>
> Unfortunately, switching ISPs is not an option right now.
>
> I am looking at signing up for a basic low-memory CentOS
> "Virtual Dedicated Server" to  handle our own incoming (&
> outgoing) mail.
>
> There will not be a full-time IT person to maintain the
> server, so simplicity is a must.
>
> I am perfectly fine with leaving out complex server-side spam
> filtering, though I suspect that some basic blacklist usage
> would be a good idea.

Hi

I do not know of a simple howto for this, but have a email server farm to
process email for my friends/family and can process your emails and forward
them to your existing ISP, you would just need to change your MX records.

I do not make a charge, but paypal donations welcome.

If you want to know more, please email me off list.

Regards

Denis