[CentOS] centos driver disk?

Wed Jan 17 16:58:10 UTC 2007

Steve Huff wrote:
> the recent discussion of support for Promise SATA drives reminded me
> that a while back i remember reading about a project to assemble a
> driver disk to provide wider hardware support than just stock CentOS.
> how's that coming along?  i don't see anything in the wiki about it...

one way to fix that, is to start a wiki page. I do still have some
makefiles around and can resuscitate that project.

> as i have a vested interest in this project (since i'm still relying on
> old MegaRAID controllers), i'd be willing to help out with it.  what's
> the current status, and what needs doing?

stutus is that I asked for someone to help with it, and didnt get much
of a response. Also the few major drivers that people wanted, got rolled
in upstream ( 3ware / *sata / couple of network interface drivers ), so
there was much steam lost.

- KB