[CentOS] Centos kickstart

Thu Jan 18 11:47:12 UTC 2007
Pierre Bourgin <pierre.bourgin at arteris.com>

edwin.elifuraha a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am using Centos 4.4,on which I created a kickstart file using kickstart
> configurator ,then I created a bootable cd using mkisofs command and then
> booted the system using this cdrom.The cd managed to boot and found the
> kickstart file in the cd but fail to continue with this error message
>
> "CD not found.The centos 4.4 server cd cd could not found in any of your
> cdrom drives".

you probably miss the .discinfo file on the cdrom/dvd, which anaconda
rely on.

check you original .iso images of CentOS to copy it and adapt if tour
media contains more than 1 .iso file content:

# .discinfo file format:
#  timestamp
#  release string
#  real architecture
#  disk(s) number (separated with comma)
#  basedir
#  packagedir
#  pixmapsdir

So your should look like:

1065565780.80
CentOS 4
i386
1,2,3
CentOS/base
CentOS/RPMS
CentOS/pixmaps

> I also found these messages
>
> FAT:bogus number of reserved sectors
> VFS:can not find valid FAT file system on dev hdc

must be installer log: found existing hard drive partitions, must can't
aware of reading them ?

> Unable to load NLS charset utf8

should not be a problem ?

Pierre Bourgin