[CentOS] Apache 2.2 under CentOS?

Thu Jan 18 21:24:46 UTC 2007
Bogdan Nicolescu <bo2k2 at yahoo.com>

I bookmarked this article yesterday.  Haven't tried out yet.
Upgrading to httpd 2.2.4 on RHEL and CentOS 4http://www.jasonlitka.com/2007/01/17/upgrading-to-httpd-224-on-rhel-centos-4/

----- Original Message ----
From: Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:00:28 PM
Subject: [CentOS] Apache 2.2 under CentOS?

We've been going through some growing pains fumbling through porting
some custom
C modules that used to live under apache 1.3 into the 2.0 spec, even
though none of us
really considers ourselves a 'C developer'.  We've basically got them
all working now
under the 2.0 API, and the question was posed about whether or not we
should consider
attempting to upgrade everything to run under httpd-2.2.

I noticed the httpd2 port is only 2.0.53 under CentOS, and I was
wondering why that is?

Is there a 2.2 port?  Is there plans to do one?  Was it tried and found
that there are significant
obstacles in the way of getting 2.2 to run under CentOS 4.4?  Is there a
port of 2.2 planned
for 5.0?  Is it a question of resources, and should we undertake it, do
you guys want the
resulting i686 RPM's?

Comment Karanbir?

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>

http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown

"Do you wanna go fast or suck?" -Mike Kojima

"There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love." -Sir Stirling Moss