[CentOS] Installing 4.4 - problem on 386

Fri Jan 19 10:03:39 UTC 2007
Jussi Hirvi <greenspot at greenspot.fi>

I tried installing with several options (noacpi noapm; noprobe; noprobe
skipddc noacpi noapm nodma). Always I get the same error.

BUT this is not in fac a CentOS problem at all, because I get the same error
always when I boot from hd (Fedora Core), IF there is a CD in the CD-ROM
drive. (I tried with CentOS 1/4, CentOS 2/4 and a HP printer software CD.)
It must be something with the CD drive! Maybe I just have to try another CD
drive.

- Jussi H.

Mike Fedyk (mfedyk at mikefedyk.com) kirjoitteli (18.1.2007 18:23):
try booting with "noapm".