[CentOS] core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

Fri Jan 19 16:23:28 UTC 2007
Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com>

Yeah, it doesn't work and they refuse to patch the kernel in CentOS 4 to
make it work; so it looks like everyone will be waiting until march.

-Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of Joe Pruett
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 11:08 AM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

from my googling around, it doesn't look there is a single motherboard
that supports core 2 duo and works without patches or tweaks.  is that
true?  the main thing we want is:

core 2 duo support
4g of 800mhz (or better) ram
sata
gig ether with pxe boot

we can live without pata or usb for a while.

we've tried intel 965 and asus p5b based boards with various levels of
ease of install, but all required some kind of driver update, which just
isn't acceptable to us.  well, i guess it could be acceptable if it
could be built in to a pxe boot setup, but so far i haven't found any
docs to even let me understand how hard/easy that might be.

does v5 support any of these boards better?