[CentOS] core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

Fri Jan 19 21:06:01 UTC 2007
Morten Torstensen <morten at mortent.org>

Joe Pruett wrote:
> isn't acceptable to us.  well, i guess it could be acceptable if it could
> be built in to a pxe boot setup, but so far i haven't found any docs to
> even let me understand how hard/easy that might be.

Just make a new kernel and initrd image with the patches and drivers you
need, and ditto on the installed RPMs. I have done it for CD-ROM
installs when I needed new drivers, the procedure is the same with PXE.
I just googled back then, but don't have to docs for it here.

> does v5 support any of these boards better?

Yes, the 2.6.18 kernel got support new hardware.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.