[CentOS] Re: http://www.net-dns.org/ and perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1 upgradedirection needed

Fri Jan 19 21:51:44 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

James Olin Oden spake the following on 1/19/2007 11:26 AM:
> On 1/19/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>
> wrote:
>> R Lists06 spake the following on 1/18/2007 5:25 PM:
>> >>

>> > That would be nice, or learning how to do it.
>> >
>> > Question(s)
>> >
>> > how does cpan2rpm know that I am using centos 4 and associated
>> libraries and
>> > even more importantly, which perl modules I am using or what perl
>> modules
>> > that need to be used in the latest incarnation?
>> >
>> cpan2rpm basically seems to be a wrapper that pulls the source from cpan,
>> builds a simple spec file, and tries to do an rpmbuild on the source.
>> If you were good with rpm, you could do it all yourself.
>>
> But many who are good with rpm use cpan2rpm or cpanflute.  Why?
> Because someone else already did all the work for us.  If they lack we
> patch them.  This is the open source way (of course if they were
> fundementally wrong we would do our own thing and unleash yet another
> open source tool into the wild).
>
> Cheers...james
True .. So true. Why go out and design a hammer when you really just wanted to
hang a picture!
I haven't tried cpanflute. Does it work any better? Or is it just a different
hammer?

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and