[CentOS] Re: core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

Fri Jan 19 22:49:44 UTC 2007
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 at 2:45pm, Peter Serwe wrote

> I realize why I see this mantra of try Fedora Core all the time when
> people are requesting bleeding-edge features from a distro that
> specifically mandates otherwise in it's stated purpose, but isn't
> recommending a project that has announced it's shutting down kind of
> counter-productive for everybody?  Granted, it is bleeding edge, but the
> project's shutting down, so it seems kind of a wrong answer.

??  Fedora is *not* shutting down.  Core and Extras are merging, but plans
for Fedora 7 continue apace.  Maybe you're thinking of Fedora Legacy,
which did shut down, but it was trying to fill the niche that RHEL/Centos
already fill, really.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering