[CentOS] Question with MailScanner?

Sat Jan 20 16:15:14 UTC 2007
Don Knott <dknott123 at gmail.com>

I have about 1100 files in my mqueue.in directory. Looking at them I see
that majority are orphaned spam message bodies. I checked the mailscanner
lists and found references to these files being left there from unclean
program shutdowns or reboots etc.

You could write a script to shutdown mailscanner, run tmpwatch to clean out
files older than a certain amount of days and then restart mailscanner.

Probably more of a mailscanner issue than a Centos one.