[CentOS] Ultra simple mail server config?

Sun Jan 21 22:32:12 UTC 2007
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Camron W. Fox wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
> <SNIP>
>>
>> Does such a HOW-TO exist?
>>
>> If not, and there are experts here willing to help
>> out, I would be happy to write up my experience.
>> Thank you for reading,
>> David
>>

>     Try Johnny's Postfix w/dovecot install guides @
> http://www.hughesjr.com/content/category/4/15/29/.

I've not looked at the document, but the software selection's what I'd
recommend.

I use postfix plus cyrus; postfix is fairly simple to set up, but cyrus
is probably overkill.

I use some block lists - I think the list originated in ipcop or spamcop
or something - I got it from a mate - and I also run it through
spamassassin (spamd) on the server to markup incoming email, and when I
create an account I create some standard folders, including one for
suspected spam, one for email containing possibly executable content.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait