[CentOS] Re: Badness in i8042_panic_blink at drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: 992

Fri Jan 26 00:08:39 UTC 2007
Kay Diederichs <kay.diederichs at uni-konstanz.de>

Benjamin Smith schrieb:
> On Wednesday 17 January 2007 01:47, yogeshwar sonawane wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am getting this error while kernel hangs. I am using CentOS 4.4
>> (x86_64) on Dual Opteron 4 way SMP machine. After searching, i didn't
>> found a sound answer. If anybody know the solution, plz let me know.
>
> Ran into the same problem, along with sporadic system freezes under heavy
> loads. (LA>9.0)
>
> I'd *LOVE* to know if this is a software issue - I looked far and wide before
> returning an otherwise very nice server!

sudden hangs where fixed on my 8-processor Tyan VX50 when using
"nmi_watchdog=0" on the kernel command line - see bz #200885 . A
workaround is also in the 4.5 beta kernel on jbaron's webpage.