[CentOS] core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

Sun Jan 28 04:34:20 UTC 2007
Joe Pruett <joey at clean.q7.com>

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 at 9:22am, Joe Pruett wrote
>
> > and i did just stuble across a dell system (precision 390) that claims to
> > support rhel4 and core 2 duo.  has anyone else used that system succesfully?
>
> Yep.  The one I have is running the i686 kernel, but x86_64 on it should work
> just as well.

did you have to do anything magic to get it installed?  did you happen to
use pxe to install?  the new ethernet chips seems to be the source of most
of the problems i'm fighting with core 2 duo boards.