[CentOS] Where can I get samba-vscan from?

Sun Jan 28 06:02:07 UTC 2007
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 09:47 +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> > That module does not exist in the Samba for CentOS-4.
> >
> > You can get later versions of samba from enterprisesamba.org that does
> > have those modules.  (You are on your own for updates, etc. if you do
> > that, of course).
> >
> > Also, the kde-redhat repository does have the newer sambas and a new KDE
> > and is fairly stable.
> >
> > Both of these are 3rd party repos ... and make your centos different,
> > but have the rpm in question.
>
> I am new to this and so would like your opinion.
>
> What do you recommend amongst these two repos (or other options)? If I
> follow this path would I later have difficulties while upgrading to
> CentOS 5 for instance? Would the kde-redhat repo be recommended coz
> any updates would atleast be fetched by yum (enterprisesamba.org does
> not seem to have any yum repo as far as I can see).
----
kde-redhat has been very useful for me including samba but I wouldn't
guarantee that the RHEL-5/Centos 5 version of samba might not be older
than what you will get from either kde-redhat or enterprisesamba
versions

Craig