[CentOS] Problems with building a complete kernel

Tue Jan 30 20:03:37 UTC 2007
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov>

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 13:24 -0500, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> I am building on an x86_64 machine for itself.
>
> "Jim's tutorial" - unfamiliar reference.  Please elaborate.

That would seemingly be the one you cited in the original post in this
[un-threaded] thread...

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 17:34 -0500, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> I have a plain vanilla Centos source (not 100% sure where we got it
> from), but I can't seem to get a build that installs correctly.
>
> I tried the method described at
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel, but rpm doesn't like the
> output file, and even if I install it with -F, nothing seems to happen -
> no new kernel, now initrd, nothing.

Look at the "Info" for the above page for Author info.

OT: One or more of the following may be interesting as well...

http://www.river.com/users/share/etiquette/
http://mailformat.dan.info/quoting/top-posting.html
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
http://www.faqs.org/qa/rfcc-449.html