[CentOS] Can up2date use a local yum mirror?

Wed Jan 31 01:12:30 UTC 2007
Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net>

> I'm not sure if this is the proper way to do so, but I simply
> remove the
>  alert tool from the panel. Right-click and remove from panel.
>
> After that, when I log out, I choose to save the current setup which
> won't load it back up next time you log in. If you don't save, the
> thing
> keeps coming back every time you log back in.

I believe that this will work for one user.  I want to make it so
that it will work for any user who will log in to the system.

> You can also just uninstall it, it is not a required package:
>
> rpm -e rhn-applet
>
> that should do the trick.

Excellent, that sounds like a better way.  However, does that imply
that up2date can not be configured to use a local yum repository?

Alfred