[CentOS] dumb sendmail question -- how to get outbound messages to use "example.com" instead of hostname?

Jeff Potter jpotter-centos at codepuppy.com
Mon Jul 2 18:29:47 UTC 2007

Thanks, Brent -- I tried this, but still no dice. I didn't copy all
of your directives, since there's no relay involved in our case, but
I did make sure that the following 3 were enabled...

	FEATURE(`allmasquerade')dnl
	FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')dnl
	FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl

If sendmail doesn't have any sort of rewriting capability of
messages, is there something somewhere outside of sendmail that I can
set to get the envelope-from and from: line to change? (Besides
changing the hostname...)

best,
Jeff