[CentOS] Pam Stuff (was: Centos 5 32-bit vs 64-bit question)

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 3 01:18:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Jim Perrin wrote:

> On 7/2/07, Scott Ehrlich <scott at mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Now, onto PAM - /etc/pam.d/blah.conf claims in the header comments that
>> the file is autogenerated and any edits will be lost.   So what is the
>> proper way to make changes that WILL stick?
>
> What changes are you looking to make? Most times the pam.d/foo files
> are not where you want to set things.

I've never run/visited authconf and won't be able to until work tomorrow.
Anything special I should know about it?  I ask because it is the file
mentioned in the comments of /etc/pam.d/system-auth as the magic behind
creating the system-auth file, and I plan to modify system-auth.

Thanks in advance.

Scott