[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 hangs after yum update

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Wed Jul 4 02:39:49 UTC 2007

Jim:

It would hang after putting the word GRUB on the
screen.

Based on some mailing list posts I found,
I used the rescue CD to load grub and then
typed:

root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)
quit

That fixed it.

Thanks,
	Neil

FREE! Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.