[CentOS] gconf-settings for compiz get overwritten

Bernhard Gschaider

bgschaid_lists at ice-sf.at
Wed Jul 4 09:41:59 UTC 2007

Hi!

I'm having a problem with compiz on a Centos5-machine (I know compiz
is only "Beta", but it looks soooo cool). When I use the gconf-editor
to edit settings of the plugins (for instance
/apps/compiz/plugins/scale/allscreens/options/initiate_edge) they work
as expected, they get written to the correct file in ~/.gconf, but the
next time I log in the are reset to the default value that is
described in the .schema-file (in /etc). Is there a way to fix these
values without editing the (system-wide) schema file?

Thanks for listening